Haven’t had much success with Chinese style stirfry in the past… but my latest was quite tasty.
- 1/2lb – 1 lb boneless chicken thighs (breasts okay too, but thighs are more flavorful), chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Mongolian fire oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup Trader Joe’s Island Soyaki sauce (or other commercial thick terriyaki sauce – do not use strait soy sauce)
- 2-3 cups, chopped fresh vegetables such as zucchini, broccoli, or green beans (I used fresh green beans)
Heat oil in skillet or wok and add red pepper flakes. Add chicken and cook quickly over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, then add oranges and cook until oranges lose their form and become sauce like. Add Soyaki sauce, then 1/4 tsp of fire oil. Blend, then add additional fire oil until desired spicyness. Add vegetables, coat with sauce, then cover to steam for 1-2 minutes, or until desired level of doneness (I like my vegies still slightly crisp).
Serve immediately over hot jasmine rice. About 4 large servings